You know those gorgeous green juices in the stores that make you feel like you are the epitome of health, they’re at a minimum $5…uh no. I don’t know about you but I’d rather not pay that much for some green stuff. So, I decided to make my very own for less than $2.50 per serving! And no, you don’t need a fancy gadget that costs you an arm and a leg and takes forever to clean.
As always, I’ve given you a break down of the written instructions and ingredients as well as step-by-step pictures! Not only is this juice recipe simple but the clean up is even easier! Let’s get started!
I have linked to some products for your reference and convenience Some of the links are affiliate links, which means we may receive a small commission if you choose to use those links to purchase the product. These are products I personally used to make these recipes and would never share anything with you if I hadn’t tried it and loved it!
Simple Green Juice Recipe *of course, you can add, subtract any ingredient you want depending on allergies, taste, etc. but this is my personal favorite juice!*:
- Half a lemon
- one apple
- two-three cups of spinach
- two-three cups of romaine lettuce or kale
- 1/2 cup of water
Kitchen gadgets that make this easy:
- high-speed blender or whatever you have on hand- I personally use a Ninja and LOVE IT!! I’ve had it for years and use it for everything!
- lemon squeezer
- nut milk bag
- cup with large opening or bowl
Directions: we’re keeping this simple, easy and enjoyable!
- Cut up your lemon and apples, this helps with the blending process so you don’t have to blend forever!
- Add spinach, lettuce, apples, and water to the blender.
- Squeeze your lemon into the blender using either your hands or the lemon squeezer. The lemon is imperative to the taste of this green juice!
- Blend it all up and make sure there are no chunks left in the blender.
- Grab your bowl and place the nut milk bag in the bottom of the bowl with it open as wide as possible. Pour the juice from the blender into the bag.
- Squeeze the nut milk bag to get all the juice out. You will be left with a pulp at the bottom of the bag which you can use to compost, put in your garden, give to other animals or even make another recipe with! *To clean the nut milk bag, turn it inside out and wash with warm water. That’s it! So simple!*
- Use a funnel to pour the pressed juice into the cup of choice and enjoy!
That’s it and now you have a delicious, simple and healthy pressed juice that you can make time and time again! And if you’re anything like me, you don’t really like veggies, but I know I needed to find a way to get them in, so this juice is perfect to get in some much-needed vitamins as well as make you feel like a green juice goddess!
If you make this recipe let us know! And don’t forget to share it with your friends and family! What’s one of your biggest goals for the new year? Let us know below!