Can you believe it’s already February 2nd? Like what? Where in the heck did January go! But, because it’s the first Friday of the month that means we are bringing you a simple, delicious and of course vegan recipe!
Now, last month we created a super simple, yummy and healthy green juice! If you’d like that recipe you can check that out here: Homemade Green Pressed Juice. So this month I just knew I had to bring you something sweet and delicious!
Who here loves chocolate?? *quickly raises a hand while wiping chocolate off face* Get ready for this because this month we’ve got a cookie butter fudge recipe to die for! And yeah, it’s vegan!! I actually jumped up and down in the grocery store when I found out cookie butter was vegan! (at least it is here in the US where I live but make sure to double check the label at your local grocery store just in case)
Now, without further ado, let’s get into this scrumdiddlyumptious recipe that can be made time and time again. And no, there is not an ounce of healthy in this but it’s okay to indulge every now and again right!
Ingredients *all ingredients can be found at any general grocery store!:
Vegan Chocolate chips: You can use any brand that your grocery store has as long as it’s vegan. I used the 365 brand that just happened to be available that day! Most not all, but most dark chocolates do not contain milk but please remember to read the label as needed!
Vegan Butter: I used the brand Earth Balance but again, use what your grocery store has just make sure it’s vegan!
Cookie Butter: Oh, the star ingredient!! Cookie butter can be expensive depending on where you buy it but if you have a trader joe’s near you, they are pretty well known for their cookie butter!
Coconut Milk: We are going to use coconut milk to replace the evaporated milk that is used in traditional fudge recipes. I personally chose to use the Thai brand in unsweetened because I enjoy that brand the best!
As always, I will write out the directions in detail as well as show you in pictures how to create this delicious recipe! IF you would like this to be done differently, please let me know below! Who’s super pumped about this?? Grab your glass bowls, spatulas and measuring cups and let’s go!
- 2 cups vegan chocolate chips – you can change the ratio depending on how chocolatey you want your fudge
- 1/2 cup of cookie butter
- 1/4 cup of vegan butter
- 1 can of coconut milk
1. * OVERNIGHT* Tip your coconut milk can upside down and leave in the refrigerator overnight. This will help the milk and the coconut water sperate making it easier to remove and use the next day.
2. Add two cups of chocolate chips, 1/4 cup of butter and 1/2 cup of cookie butter to a large mixing bowl. Melt the everything together in the microwave. I did this in 30-second increments which worked really well! Make sure everything is mixed together really well and that there are no lumps.
3. Remove your coconut milk can from the fridge and flip right side up. Remove the top with a can opener and you will see the coconut milk at the top. Scoop out the coconut milk with a spoon and add to the melted chocolate and cookie butter mixture. *you will have coconut water left over at the bottom of the can, this can be reused in the healthy juice recipe I made last week! You can check that out Healthy Vegan Pressed Juice.
- Depending on how hard the coconut milk is, you may need to zap it in the microwave for just a few seconds before adding to the fudge mixture
4. Using a hand mixer, mix the coconut milk well with the other ingredients. I used a hand mixer to make sure there were no lumps or bumps in my fudge batter.
5. One all ingredients are mixed thoroughly, pour it into any sized container you want! Make sure to line the bottom of the pan with parchment paper!! I used an 8×8 pan. Put the container in the fridge for 4 hours, cut your fudge and enjoy! I added a bit more melted cookie butter to the top just for a fancier look and well…I’m kind of in love with cookie butter!
There you have it! Delicious, creamy and not to mention chocolaty fudge that everyone will love! This recipe takes less than 10 minutes to put together and has simple ingredients! It may not be healthy but hey, it sure is the perfect fix when you’re craving something sweet!
If you make this recipe and share it let us know! We’d love to hear how your family and friends enjoyed it!