Baking sugar cookies always remind me of those cold wintry nights making cookies with my family while sneakily stealing dough, listening to holiday music, laughing and reminiscing.
Sugar cookies are the perfect holiday treat to bring to all of your family gatherings and these vegan sugar cookies are the perfect addition!
There’s nothing quite like eating a few too many cookies while having a good laugh around the fireplace.
Today we’re bringing you a classic holiday recipe with a vegan twist. A simple, versatile and scrumptious vegan sugar cookie recipe with a caramel maple icing that will knock your fuzzy holiday socks off!
Disclosure: As an Amazon associate there are some affiliate links below which means I may receive a small commission for purchases made through my links at no extra cost to you.
Growing up sugar cookies were always my favorite type of cookie to make because they’re just so easy and you can turn them into flavor or shape that you want!
If you really want to get festive, grab yourself some leaf and acorn cookie cutters and make yourself some fall inspired sugar cookies to bring to your next holiday party!
And the best thing about these cookies is no one will know they’re vegan!
They’re crispy on the outside but soft and fluffy on the side,
the caramel and maple icing make them incredibly delicious and
they’re not too sugary but just right.
This vegan sugar cookie recipe has all of the delicious taste as non-vegan sugar cookies without the added cholesterol and guilt. These cookies are the perfect fall treat and will make the entire family happy!
Vegan Caramel Maple Sugar Cookies
Easy and decadent, vegan caramel maple sugar cookies that are so simple and versatile to make and require only a few ingredients. These cookies are perfect for holiday parties, potlucks and anytime you’re craving a sugary dessert!
Vegan Sugar Cookie Ingredients
- 1 1/2 Cups Sugar
- 3 1/2 Cups Flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 Cup Vegan Butter
- 2 “eggs” (we used an egg replacer to make this vegan, we recommend using Bob’s Red Mill egg replacer)
- 1 tsp vanilla
Adjust the recipe as needed to make more or less.
- 1/2 Cup Vegan Caramel Apple Dip (get the full homemade recipe here)
- 1/4 Cup Maple Syrup to taste
Sugar Cookie Instructions
1. Heat the oven to 350 degrees. Using a single bowl, cream together the butter and sugar completely until they are mixed.
2. Create your “egg” mixture by reading the instructions on the box. (each egg replacer is a bit different). Add in the egg replacer, baking soda, and vanilla.
After stirring this mixture together, begin adding in 1 cup of flour at a time while continuing to stir and mix all of the ingredients together.
3. Roll out your cookie dough on parchment paper and place in the fridge for 5 minutes.
4. Cut out your cookies and place in the oven for 8 minutes. We recommend cooking the cookies on parchment paper on top of a cookie sheet. This seemed to make the cookies a bit more chewy and yummy.
Caramel Maple Icing Instructions
1. If you made our homemade vegan caramel sauce, heat it up in the microwave for just a few seconds and add in the maple syrup to taste. Mix and spread on your cookies.
2. Enjoy your cookies and share with your friends and family!
If you make this recipe let us know and don’t forget to pin this recipe for later!